Join us for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to discover, experience, and create Muslim-American culture!
Every culture has its own traditions during the month of Ramadan. But, what about Muslim-Americans? This summer, Noor Kids is travelling the country to hear stories about the holy month. We are looking for a fun-loving, social media-buff assistant to join founder, Amin G. Aaser, as he travels the country.
- Creativity, including but not limited to, ability to take photos and videos, write simple, haiku poetry, and create meaningful Facebook status updates (that can bring grown men to tears).
- Drive (and/or co-pilot) long distances going no more than 7 miles per hour above the stated speed limit and having keen eye for police officers.
- Mastery of Waze, Google Maps, Yelp, and Zabiha.com mobile applications.
- Participate and create lively discussions during potentially monotonous drives (likely through Idaho, Kentucky, and Tennessee).
- Follows the Sunnah of our holy Prophet (PBUH), specifically as it relates to good hygiene, including but not limited to, immaculate oral care, and a well-groomed beard so as to not scare children or intimidate shayukh.
- Must demonstrate strong interest in understanding, documenting, building, and eating Muslim-American culture.
- Must have valid U.S. passport and comfort with entering and exiting U.S. border crossings. Ability to speak Canadian not required, but preferred.
- Comfort in dealing with diverse, potentially immigrant, populations as well as experience shaking hands and kissing babies.
- High school graduation required; Bachelor's degree preferred. GPA must not be in excess of 3.825, as it may create an inferiority complex for other parties in the road-trip.
- All expenses will be paid for the trip, including food, lodging, and transportation.
- Modest daily stipend will be provided.
- Mentorship from (alleged) graduate of top ten MBA program.
- A once-in-a-lifetime experience to help create Muslim-American identity.
Interested? Don't wait. Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org. We're going to fill this role in the next three days! Do you know somebody that would be great for this role? Share it.